Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back At It!


Judi and I have just about used up our days off. We had a great day today as we worked at bringing in the last few loads of this winter's firewood. We fell about a dozen (standing dead) trees and then bucked them up. Judi operated the splitter and I split and loaded about 8 cords. We burned up all the branches and debris. With the autumn colors in full displayand the aromatic smell of fresh cut wood, intermingled with the smoke smell I thought I was in heaven.


On Tuesday Art picked my horse and I up and we rode all day bringing in a neighbors cattle. I love this area. Four of us on horse back brought in several hundred head and sorted them for the liners to transport. Funny... some folk dream of a vaction a broad, but not this guy. I get such a charge out of brush popping cattle and spending time in the saddle. My horse although very green is starting to get some "cow sense". It is neat to see him coming along.


We are without a doubt, blessed!


No comments: