Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A New Day... A NEW HORSE?



I know..... but he's a beauty. I can of course justify my purchase. It's a disease "Horsealism". No actually a friend of mine has this awesome guy for sale and I think it would be good for me to help her out. Besides, my old gelding is retiring this year and the replacement I bought last year is actually sold (no cash yet) to another friend of mine. Sunny and I did not click.

Most of you know what I mean. So perhaps Koda and I will chase some cows together. I have always liked Buckskins.

I have a project horse I'm working with... Jazz - boy did I name her right! She has got the jazz alright! I had her all tacked up and ran her in the breaking pen a bit. Boy can she buck! I could have walked under her with a wheelbarrow, she had that much air between her and the ground. Thank God for "Crash Test Dummies" No it wasn't the neighbors or the inlaws, tires my friend. Tires and jugs filled with noisey scare me to death gravel bits.

I'll try to get a few pics of her doing her "I can't get you off of my back" song and dance.

I'll keep you posted on the new guy. Have a great week! May all your landings be soft ones.... especially at our age.

Ed

No comments: